Taco Tuesday has become a thing, and the delicious morsels have been popping up all over Montreal as of late. We feel like Mexican restaurants are the new rage, and with good reason.
Enter Taco Week Montreal. Yes, this is a real thing. And we couldn’t be more excited. TACOS FOR A WHOLE WEEK! Ok, simmer down. Let’s see what it’s all about.
Organized by newly opened Mercado, Taco Week is “a week long celebration of Mexican culture and cuisine by featuring [our] take on the Taco.” Prepare to experience authentic Mexican cuisine and flavours from diverse Montreal restaurants, each presenting their version of the delicious taco.
From October 15th to 22nd, indulge in the taco. Explore lesser known restaurants and see what this delicious food group (yes, it gets its own group) is all about.
Participating restaurants include: Mercado, T & T Tacos et Tortas, Cartel – Tacos & Chifa, La Tamalera, El Sabor de Mexico, Ta Chido, Emiliano’s, Mr. Azteca, Epazote & Haricot Mexican Bistro, La Selva, La Capital Tacos, Restaurant Agave.
We’re especially looking forward to a few of these delicious creations:
1. Mercado‘s Taco de Bacalao: Mexican beer battered deep fried cod, homemade beet tortilla, and remoulade.
2. Ta Chido‘s Taco Placero de Cecina: Thinly sliced and salted beefsteak, topped with diced Nopal cactus, tomato, chopped coriander, and caramelized onions, served on a Guajillo pepper handmade tortilla.
3. La Capital Taco‘s Campechana Quesadilla: 6” Flour Tortilla with Pastor & Ribeye Meat and melted cheese served with a jalapeño green salsa.
4. Epazote & Haricot Mexican Bistro‘s Taco de Pescado: Blackened fish with cactus salad, pickled onions, and black beans.
5. Emiliano’s Surf and Turk Tacos: Al pastor and octopus taco with nopal, roasted pineapple corn quesadillas, and avocado-chipotle-coriander mayo.
No food week is complete without a way for us to all interact! You can win one grand prize of Mexican spirits and a wine gift basket valued at $400, courtesy of Taco week’s official sponsor Tequilart or 12 prizes of a dinner for 2 in one of the participating restaurants.
To win: print the Taco Week Passport (above) and bring it with you for taco feasting; check in and post a selfie or photo of your taco on Facebook or Instagram, tagging #tacoweekmtl; have your Taco Week Passport stamped or initialed and dated by the restaurant; collect at least 5 stamps.
And if you can’t resist the tacos, keep eating! The more stamps, the more chances to win! 6 stamps is 2 entries, 7 stamps is 3 entries, and so on. The people who collect stamps from all the restaurants will get 12 total entries and will be featured on their website as Taco Champs!
At the end of the week, take a picture of your Taco Week Passport and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line TACO WEEK PASSPORT. Good luck!!
And if you wanna taco ’bout it on social media, don’t forget to use the hashtag #tacoweekmtl. Happy eating!